National Hunger Hotline
Need help finding food?
Call: 1.866.3hungry (1.866.348.6479) or 1.877.8hambre (1.877.842.6273)
The Hotline is operated:
Monday to Friday
9 am to 6 pm EST
WhyHunger can connect you to food and local programs. Visit WhyHunger.org/FindFood.
Federal Food Programs
Use the links below to apply for federal food assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutirition Assitance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Food Help for Disaster Relief
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
- School Meals
- Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
For additional food bank locations, you can visit the Feeding America Food Bank Locator.
What if no one ever went hungry in America? Find out how you can make this happen in your own community.
The SNAP Alumni project champions successful Americans who once received food stamps but who are now leaders in their communities in government, business, sports, education & the arts.