We are pleased to announce the opportunity to bring one of this year’s most critically acclaimed films to your local community utilizing the Tugg platform.
Tugg is a web-platform that lets you choose the films that play in your local theater. Tugg crowd-sources theatrical screenings, which means that if enough people in your community want to see Last Call at the Oasis, Tugg can make it happen!
We will provide a toolkit with everything you need to host your private screening. And for arranging a screening, you will receive 5% of the ticket sales of that show.
Here’s how it works:
- Request a screening of Last Call at the Oasis at a theater in your community through tugg.com/lastcallattheoasis.
- You will be contacted directly by Tugg and asked to complete a form with the preferred event details (time, date, theater, etc.).
- Tugg will review the information and contact you once the event details have been worked out with the theater. If the event isn’t confirmed (due to scheduling conflict for example), you can submit alternative event details.
- Once the details are set, you will be able to create a personalized event page (see here for an example of an event page: tugg.com/events/637) on the Tugg website.
- Spread the word to your network to encourage them to attend your screening event. Alert friends, family, and networks through email, group lists, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- If a pre-set threshold of ticket sales is reached before the event deadline, then the event is confirmed, and the screening takes place. Make it clear to your audience that unlike most events they are invited to, this event will only happen if they reserve their tickets online before the deadline! If the event doesn't reach the threshold, then the event is cancelled and nobody is charged for their tickets.
- Receive 5% of the ticket sales as an incentive for arranging the screening. It's a great way to raise some extra funds for yourself or a group you care about.Use the attached film art and link to the trailer to promote the screening to your group.
- Host a Q&A or panel at the event, and use the screening as an opportunity to discuss your organization's work or commitment to the issue of water.
- Have questions? Email Lindsay Guetschow at Participant Media for help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a sample invite that you can use to send to your group:
COME CHECK OUT A SCREENING OF ONE OF THIS YEAR’S MOST ACCLAIMED FILMS—LAST CALL AT THE OASIS.
Last Call at the Oasis is a powerful new documentary that shatters myths behind our most precious resource. Developed, financed and executive produced by Participant Media, the company responsible for AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH, FOOD, INC. AND WAITING FOR “SUPERMAN”, LAST CALL AT THE OASIS Illuminates the vital role water plays in our lives, exposing the defects in the current system and depicting communities already struggling with its ill-effects, the film features activist Erin Brockovich and such distinguished experts as Peter Gleick, Alex Prud’homme, Jay Famiglietti and Robert Glennon.
What some of the nation’s top critics are saying about Last Call at the Oasis:
“EASILY ON TRACK FOR A DESERVED OSCAR® NOMINATION. Necessary viewing for anyone on the planet who drinks water.” —INDIEWIRE, Christopher Campbell
“SPECTACULAR... The most important documentary of the year.”—CINESPECT, Charles H. Meyer
“A MUST-SEE.”—SLANTMAGAZINE.COM, Kenji Fugishima
“INFORMATIVE, FAST-MOVING AND SCARY.”—THE NEW YORK TIMES, A.O. Scott
Please join us for this special screening
Stay for a conversation following the film to learn more about what is happening in our community to solve the water crisis.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
Sample Facebook and Tweet:
Twitter: Special screening of @LastCallOasis via @Tugg on xxx at xxx hosted by XX
RSVP now: (link to event page)
Facebook: Please join us for a special screening of Last Call at the Oasis on xx at xx.
RSVP now (link to event page) and learn more about this film at: lastcallattheoasis.com
Encourage your network to get involved in the Last Call at the Oasis social action campaign by signing the Water Bill of Rights: http://www.takepart.com/lastcall/petition
Download the companion album "TURN THE TIDE: Songs for Last Call at the Oasis". The album is available for download from the film's website (http://lastcallattheoasis.com/#songs) for a pay-what-you-wish donation, minimum $1. Enjoy 20 great tracks, including exclusive, unreleased live tracks from Amos Lee and Dave Matthews, songs from My Morning Jacket, Primus, the Whigs, and Alabama Shakes' among others. All proceeds will be donated to the following organizations: NRDC, Waterkeeper, Food & Water Watch and Environmental Working Group.