Participant Media Launches Pivot, a New TV Network for Millennials
TakePart's parent company unveiled our new sister cable network, Pivot, and our goal is to change the way you watch TV.
The new network, aimed at viewers under 34 and launching August 1, will come out of the gate with shows featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Meghan McCain, and maybe...you.
Each night the network will air TakePart Live, a talk show whose topics will be chosen earlier in the day by viewers right here on TakePart.com.
TakePart and Pivot are both owned by Participant Media.
"Over the past 9 1/2 years, through 43 films, Participant has built a reputation for content that is entertaining, commercial and high quality, while at the same time, inspiring and empowering audiences," said Participant Media CEO Jim Berk. "Pivot marks a seminal moment for us with the launch of a channel for people who care about the world around them."
So what will you find on pivot? Among the shows in the initial lineup are:
- Hit Record on TV with Joseph Gordon-Levitt —A fresh take on the variety show, hosted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Hit Record on TV with Joseph Gordon-Levitt will showcase undiscovered artists and live performances and short films, and Joseph will invite anyone with an Internet connection to contribute.
- TakePart Live—A nightly live talk show built by its viewers. Mixing serious and lighter content, TakePart Live will invite celebs, activists, politicos and newsmakers to "discuss and decode the events that make up the fabric of daily life." There will be a live-streamed pre-show on the Pivot site, and right here on TakePart, where viewers will help choose what will be on that night's show.
- Raising McCain—Part documentary, part talk show, but all Meghan McCain. The outspoken daughter of former GOP presidential candidate John McCain will explore today's pressing questions and debates through the frame of her own personal experiences.
- Will—A modern period drama about a young William Shakespeare from Craig Pearce, screenwriter of Moulin Rouge and The Great Gatsby.
- Jersey Strong—A new reality series following two former gang members as they raise their families and pursue their dreams.
In addition to these original series, Pivot will also feature the Emmy-winning football drama Friday Night Lights, the U.S. premiere of Canadian satire Little Mosque, and the sci-fi series Farscape, as well as world television premieres of several Participant Media documentaries, including A Place at the Table, State 194, and Last Call at the Oasis.
So how can you find Pivot?
In addition to traditional cable TV packages, viewers will be able to stream the network live and on demand to any device, anywhere.
And working with the multichannel video programming distributors (think platforms like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon), viewers will be able to subscribe to the channel without having to pay for cable.