11 Cities Where Women Earn More Than Men
Women are out-earning men in several cities across America. Here are 11 cities where female salaries outstrip male pay by the largest margins.
- Atlanta—women out-earn men by 21 percent
- Memphis—women out-earn men by 19 percent
- New York—women out-earn men by 17 percent
- Sacramento—women out-earn men by 16 percent
- San Diego—women out-earn men by 15 percent
- Miami—women out-earn men by 14 percent
- Charlotte, North Carolina—women out-earn men by 14 percent
- Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina—women out-earn men by 14 percent
- Los Angeles—women out-earn men by 12 percent
- Phoenix—women out-earn men by 12 percent
- Richmond-Petersburg, Virginia—women out-earn men by 12 percent
Nationwide, there is a 20 percent [pdf] gap between men and women's earnings, with men earning more. However, as these demographics demonstrate, younger women are rising to the top in some of the largest cities in the U.S.
These figures come from a study done by the research firm, Reach Advisors.