Written by women for women, these top 10 blogs focus on issues, news, and gossip geared toward educating, entertaining and empowering girls. While I'm sure there are plenty of men who enjoy the writings of these well-spoken gals, these blogs are predominately speaking to their sisters.
- Feministing believes that young women are rarely given the opportunity to speak on their own behalf on issues that affect their lives and futures.Feministing provides a platform for us to comment, analyze and influence.
- Feministe is one of the oldest feminist blogs designed by and run by women from the ground up.
- Our Bodies Our Blog is your your daily dose of women's health news and analysis.
- Jezebel is a blog for women that will attempt to take all the essentiallymeaningless but sweet stuff directed our way and give it a little more meaning, while taking more the serious stuff and making it more fun, or more personal, or at the very least the subject of our highly sophisticated brand of sex joke.
- Broadsheet is the blog section of Salon.com that focuses on women and issues in news, politics, advertising and health that specfically affect females as well as celebrity gossip, fashion news and humor.
- Finally Feminism 101 is an information resource, for both feminists and those questioning feminism, concentrating on typically disruptive questions/assertions which frequently arise in online feminist discussions. It is a place to discuss basic feminist theory and serve as a sort of anthology of top feminist blogging on introductory feminist issues.
- Women in Media & News Blog WIMN's Voices, the women's media monitoring group blog, features a diverse online community of fifty women blogging on media coverage of women and a range of social, cultural and political issues every day.
- Holla Back NYC empowers New Yorkers to Holla Back at street harassers by inviting readers to send in photo of perpetrators. Whether you're commuting, lunching, partying, dancing, walking, chilling, drinking, or sunning,Holla Back NYC promotes the notion that you have the right to feel safe, confident, and sexy, without being the object of some turd's fantasy.
- MediaGirl is an online community blog by and for women (and men, too) to discuss, rant, blog, analyze, and/or laugh about media, politics and culture, all within the general context of progressive politics and feminism.
- Bitch Magazine's blog is the online sidekick to Bitch: Feminist Response to Pop Culture, a print magazine devoted to feminist analysis and media criticism. Bitch features critiques of TV, movies, magazines, advertising, and other elements of pop culture as well as interviews with feminist pop culture makers, review new books and music, and lots more.
There are so many more fabulous female-focused blogs out there but I just can't list them all. If you have one you really love that is missing from my list please post it in the comments below. Also check out Blogher.com a site deducated to creating opportunities for women who blog to pursue exposure, education, community and economic empowerment. And blogsbywomen.org listing hundreds of hip sites for her. And BUST Magazine's Girl Wide Web offers tons of links to girly blogs and sites you will love. Want more feminist action? Check out feminist.org